I still can’t believe it’s been 2 weeks since my last post! The reason is that things have been pretty busy at Zelma’s Bakery. You see, lately, I’ve fallen in love with cupcakes. They’re super easy to make, and they’re the perfect portion-controlled treat. So I decided to look up different tasty and interesting recipes, and have been having a ball testing them!
Besides my standard vanilla and brownies cupcakes (which I still love!), I have decided to start testing the following flavors:
- Almond Chocolate: Almond-flavored cake with chopped toasted almonds inside. Double Chocolate buttercream topped with chopped toasted almonds.
- Boston Cream: Butter cake filled with Bavarian Cream. Chocolate Ganache frosting.
- Apple Cinnamon: Apple Cinnamon cake with raisins and chopped toasted walnuts inside; filled with Cinnamon-Sugar Cream Cheese. Cinnamon-Sugar Cream Cheese frosting topped with chopped toasted walnuts.
- Mocha: Mocha cake (chocolate and coffee). Mocha buttercream frosting topped with chocolate shavings.
- Peanut Butter: Peanut Butter cake with chopped toasted peanuts inside. Double Chocolate buttercream topped with chopped toasted peanuts.
So far I have only tested the first three, and can I say YUM!! The Apple Cinnamon is more of a muffin than a cupcake, but it’s still super tasty. I’m working on taking photos of all my cupcakes for my album, and I will post them soon!